EVENT DAY REGISTRATION - 2020 Event Cancelled
- Where: Pemberton Meadows Road at the location of the Meadows Fields. Look for School District 48’s Bus Garage and Playing Fields just north west of the Village of Pemberton.
- When: 9:00am – 2:00pm
- Cost:$10 per person / $40 per family (up to 6 members) / Free – Children 5 and under
Each year the route starts just north west of the Village of Pemberton and extends into the Pemberton Meadows.
Road Closed for a Safer Event!
Once again this year, in the interest of participant safety, Pemberton Meadows Road will be closed to vehicle traffic from 10am – 3pm on Sunday, August 16 for the Slow Food Cycle Sunday event. The road will remain open for slow moving farm vehicles.
From 9am-10am and from 3pm onward, the road will be shared by vehicle traffic and bike traffic. The speed limit along Pemberton Meadows Road will be reduced to 30 km/hr. Please share the road and respect each other’s goals to ensure a fun and safe day for all.
How Long Does It Take?
Depending on how fast (or slow) you ride expect to take a least one hour to ride the route from the Village of Pemberton to the last vendor location and another hour or more to get back from the vendor location furthest from the event starting point to the Village of Pemberton. And plan time for stops along the way! Of course, you don’t have to ride the entire route. Your ride can take several hours depending on a wide variety of factors. Read on more for details.
More Important SFCS Details
- Registration opens at 9:00am and closes at 2:00pm. We recommend pre-registering online prior to the event. The event begins at the location of the Meadows Fields. Look for the Event Registration tents just north of the School District 48’s Bus Garage and in the parking lot area next to the Playing Fields just north west of the Village of Pemberton. (See the Route Map located at the bottom of this page for more details.)
- Riders may begin throughout the day, setting their own pace as they ride along the Pemberton Meadows Road from farm to farm and back to the village. The entire day runs from 9 AM to 3 PM, but each rider will choose how long or short to make their day.
- The entire route is approximately 44 kilometres / 27 miles round trip. There will be farms and venues to stop at up until the 11.5km point. You head out on Pemberton Meadows Road (see the map, below) and back again as you feel able and willing. This is a self-paced day. You can ride at your own pace as fast (or slow!) and as far (or not) as you like along this road up and back to Pemberton Village. You do not need to ride the entire 44 kilometres / 27 miles.
- This is not a race. A leisurely 44 kilometre / 27 mile ride could take between 3 and up to 6 hours, depending on how many farms you stop at, how long you rest at each one, and whether you go the entire 44 kilometre / 27 mile distance. Please take a look at the map (below) and plan your route in advance.
- Each farm opens to the public, and food is part of the day. However, there is no guarantee of food at any stop. You will need to bring your own water and snacks to be certain to stay hydrated and fueled. That said, this event is known for its incredible food. The earlier you arrive, the better chance you have of enjoying delicious food.
What to Bring
- Bring a bike helmet, food and water, and some cash for purchases.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and comfortable bike riding clothes are also highly recommended.
- If you have bike panniers or a basket for your bike or a bike trailer bring those too to carry anything you purchase along the way.