Riders and Parents BMX Clinic
Photo by Dave Steers
Date: Sunday, June 08, 2014
Time: 9am to 12.30pm
Location: Pemberton BMX track, Cottonwood Street
Pemberton BMX is excited to offer a special BMX Clinic for all Riders and Parents on Sunday 8th June, with special guests Dominique and Tim Daniels.
In only her 8th year of racing BMX, 20 year old Dominique “3D” Daniels has quite an impressive resume:
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 National USA BMX Women’s Pro Champion.
- The first lady to go from #1 amateur to #1 Pro Champion In the history of BMX.
Rider Clinic Details:
The purpose of this clinic is to give the participants and the parents of riders tools that will help improve their riding skills. We will not make you an expert rider in a short 3 hour clinic but together we can begin to learn practice skills, drills and race discipline that will improve your skills and most important your track speed to give you success in races.
Parent Clinic Details:
(Offered by Tim Daniels - Dominique's father and coach)
- Why is parent involvement essential for enjoyment and success? a) We spend the time and money to go to practice, local races, and regional races. B) Nationals are competitive and expensive c) Worlds and Olympic Dreams require commitment 4-6 years 4-8 hours per day.
- Why are we doing this? For our riders or us.
- Training will be different for beginners, locals and national caliber.
- How do parents become training experts? A) Take seminars b) Video training C) classes like this D) study successful trainers/riders
- How much time is required for a) beginner b) local/regional c) national caliber
- Equipment. A) bike B) setup-cranks-gear ratio’s-wheels-hubs C) weight D) cost vs. quality
- Sponsorship. A) Should you ask B) How to be creative
- Parent vs Coach relationship
Cost will be $30 per rider (parental coaching is a bonus!) for this 3.5 hour clinic. Time 9am to 12.30pm.
If you are interested in attending the clinic or have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.