Pemberton Music Festival + More Things to Do This Summer
Photo by Dave Steers
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2015
Pemberton Music Festival Details
It's that time of year again. People are starting to make plans for the second annual Pemberton Music Festival. Whether it's the lineup you need to know about, or if you have questions about how things will be run, Tourism Pemberton has the answers. Let's face it: we know Pemberton.
Last year, we ran a post covering many of the FAQs people were asking about the Pemberton Music Festival. That post has a lot of the basics covered, so you should start there.
In a nutshell, what you need to know this year:
- Dates: July 16 — 19, 2015
- Stages: There will be 5 stages this year!
- Weather: Pemberton weather can be much warmer than the coast. Stay up to the minute with Pemberton weather here.
- Biking: Yes, you can. Just buy a Go Green pass. You can lock your bike outside festival entrance.
- Lost & Found: YES
- ATM: YES
- First Aid: YES
- General Store: YES
- Kids: Under 10 years old & human, free! (On the Pemberton Music Festival site, there is an adorable picture of a goat kid...those are not permitted.)
- Dogs: NO (Unless the dog is a certified service dog)
- Cell Phones: Maybe - If your cell phone service provider has service in Pemberton, it'll work. If not, it won't. And yes, there will be charging stations.
Other Things to Do in Pemberton This Summer
Inspired by our own Tourism Pemberton Summer video, here are a few more things you might want to do this summer in Pemberton:
In the Air —
- Hang gliding: Pemberton is a world-famous place to go hang gliding.
- Gliding: The Pemberton airport hosts gliders, and is a well-known area for this sport.
- Skydiving: Yep, that too. Try out skydiving this summer in Pemberton!
In the Water —
- Fishing: We mention this as often as we can, because Pemberton has incredible fishing spots.
- Swimming: One Mile Lake is a perfect place, close to the village, for afternoon swimming sessions.
- Boating: Green River is the place for jet boating, rafting or kayaking.
On Land —
- Biking: Pemberton is a cycling community. Mountain biking, road cycling and family biking — It's all here.
- Camping: There are many campgrounds around the Pemberton area. Some are very accessible, some are backcountry, all are gorgeous.
- Hiking: We are surrounded by some of the most spectacular hiking opportunities in British Columbia.
Each of these activities is listed on our website in more detail, along with member businesses who can help you enjoy a perfect Pemberton summer. It's definitely time to start planning that perfect summer vacation. Start now to create your ideal Pemberton memories....