2013 IRONMAN Canada - You're Invited to the Pemberton CHEER STATION
Photo by Dave Steers
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013
Pemberton CHEER STATION
Cheer on Subaru IRONMAN Canada athletes at Tourism Pemberton's village-wide CHEER FEST, presented by Elements Homes.
From 9 AM to 4:30 PM, check out the
- Pemberton Farmer's Market featuring local vendors
- enjoy musical performances by local artists
- go on horseback rides to capture the breath-taking views Pemberton offers
The Best Place to Watch the Course!
And finally experience the energy and excitement of the race at the best of the course... on Element's roof top viewing patio.
Elements is centrally located in the Village of Pemberton!
WHAT IS IRONMAN?
IRONMAN Canada is taking place in Whistler BC for the first time this year. The Race consists of:
SWIM: 2.4 miles / 3.86 kilometres
- athletes swim one of Alta Lake at Rainbow Park
BIKE COURSE: 112 miles / 180 kilometres
- cyclists head south on the Sea to Sky Highway
- climb into the Callaghan Valley
- head north with thousands of athletes then passing through Whistler Village
- continue up Highway 99
- pass through the Village of Pemberton
- travel to the end of the Meadows at Pemberton and back
- then return to Whistler
RUN COURSE: 26.2 miles / 42.16 kilometres
- the race along the Valley Trail includes two loops around Lost Lake and Green Lake
- the event finishes at Whistler Olympic Plaza