7 Reasons Why Snowmobiling in Pemberton is Awesome!
Photo by Dave Steers
Posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012
There are hundreds of reasons to snowmobile in Pemberton. And here are 7 of the best reasons why sledding in Pembie rocks! Pemberton and district offers...
- a vast amount of open terrain with virtually unlimited access to snowmobiling. This makes for awesome sled skiing and sled boarding!
- a unique and welcoming community with all the services and amenities any snowmobiler would require.
- a relatively stable snowpack compared to other areas (note... you should always be prepared. Know current conditions and act responsibly when snowmobiling. Visit the BC Snowmobile Federation website for more details on being well prepared!)
- an incredible choice of alpine terrain including the world famous Pemberton Ice Cap.
- great local guiding services plus snowmobile rentals available from local shops that offer a variety of snowmobile brands, makes and models.
- a very good trail system and some 'hut to hut' travel. The Pemberton area offers an extensive network of trail systems including the Hurley Pass and Rutherford Creek. The Whistler area, south of Pemberton, offers the Sprout trail network. Local forestry roads also provide trail access to points north of the Village of Pemberton including Bralorne to Goldbridge and Gun Lake.
- the newly refurbished Tenquille Lake Cabin is wonderful alpine lodge. Other cabins provide a 'hut' experience for multi-day trips or stop-overs.
So Snowmobilers... What Do YOU Think?
Why do you love sledding in Pemberton? Let us know by adding your comments below.
Explore Some Pemberton Sled Skiing
Watch Dave Norona rip up the Pemberton back country while sled skiing with his SKI-DOO....