Tourism Pemberton 2011 at a Glance
Photo by Dave Steers
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2012
Tourism Pemberton would like to thank those businesses who joined us in 2011. Your valued membership helped contribute to strengthening our organization and the tourism industry in our community.
During 2011 your membership:
- Presented to the 65,000+ visitors to our website; www.tourismpembertonbc.com, a glimpse into our amazing area including fascinating stories about our people and places, events taking place, special promotions including a detailed information page on each Tourism Pemberton member;
- Developed and promoted Pemberton with social media marketing including Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Allowed Tourism Pemberton to provide collaborative advertising space at a reduced rate to our members; and
- Provided an opportunity to showcase Pemberton at trade shows.
- Hiring of a Marketing Coordinator which has allowed Tourism Pemberton to concentrate on successful funding efforts resulting in corporate, local government & BC Tourism funding
- Ongoing Involvement with the annual Slow Food Cycle and other local events.
- Pemberton video promotion showcasing a 5 minute feature as well as a 1 minute Summer Vignette and 1 minute winter Vignette (view videos on our website under Pemberton & District then Video Gallery).
We are very excited about 2012 and hope you will join us!
Here is what you can look forward to:
- Continued reasonable membership fees – it’s the best marketing dollars you’ll spend;
- Collaboration with local businesses, Pemberton Valley Trails & local government officials to provide map, signage and routing for local trails; One Mile Lake trail signs coming soon.
- On going placement of more geo-cache sites as this sport grows in popularity.
- Sweepstake style, Facebook competition aimed at promoting snowmobiling in our area to be launched in January 2012. For the summer of 2012, a similar style competition will be launched aimed at mountain biking.
- Community Calender - Optimizing on direct Internet and e-marketing vehicles. Creation of a hub or landing page thus amalgamating different Pemberton sites.
- Viral marketing promotions through use of travel writers
- Involvement with cultural tourism (agri-tourism, culinary, art and First Nations)
- On-going event support.
In 2012 we will continue to provide a strong voice for your business in the tourism industry, attract attention and increase visitors to TP website / social media channels, provide discounts on advertising campaigns and other marketing opportunities, work closely with other chambers and tourism organizations to maximize Pemberton’s exposure to tourists and worldwide media. We will continually hold monthly meetings and hope that you have an opportunity to join us.
The Tourism Pemberton Committee looks forward to continually promoting our community and your business....