Mountains of Art - 2 Day Event
Photo by Dave Steers
Posted on Sunday, February 06, 2011
The Mountains of Art Festival
Mountains of Art 2011 kicks of Pemberton Winterfest.
Winterfest engages the community in a vibrant atmosphere during this unique small town multicultural celebration. With down home hospitality, great entertainment, and the chance to kick up one's heels and celebrate winter combine in over two weeks for a family-friendly festival you won't want to miss.
Join Festivities for 2 Days of Fun!
Friday February 11, 2011
Friday Night Art Gala: 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Artwork from 30+ local artists
- Live music provided by Megatron & Soulsong
- Silent auction
- Schramm Vodka Martini Bar
- Gourmet appetizers by Western Promises Food
Tickets: $15. (PAC members get a $5 rebate at the door!)
Tickets available at the Pemberton Valley Supermarket & Mount Currie Coffee Company.
There will be a free shuttle running Friday night from the Community Centre to Big Sky from 8 to 11 p.m. with trips return to town from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Saturday February 12, 2011
Saturday Community Celebration: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Free workshops for children, youth & families
Formal art instruction: $15 p.p. per session
Afternoon tea with Children's performances
- 11 a.m. Opening ceremony with Mayor Jordan Sturdy
& St'al'imx dancer Gerald Gabriel & drummers
- 11:30 a.m. Free workshops & formal instruction ($15 / session)
- 1:00 Lunch break
- 1:30 p.m. Free workshops & formal instruction ($15 / session)
- 3:00 Tea break
- 3:30 p.m. Children's performances with Anita Burleson & Little Bear Productions
- 4:30 p.m. Closing ceremony with Gerald Gabriel & community
- 5:00 p.m. Clean up
- Potato block printing with Max Silverson
- Snow sculpture & painting with Megan Davision Moon
- Group jam with Papa Josh
- Pine needle weaving with Lisa Sambo
Formal Instruction Workshops ($15 / session)
- Drum making with Nora Alexander (8" drum $15 or 10" drum $25)
- Soap stone carving with Daved Moldofsky
- Registration for formal instruction workshops 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Limited space for 10 children in each session
- Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Participating artists include