Catch the Christmas Spirit in Pemberton
Photo by Dave Steers
Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Pemberton's Coast Mountain location almost guarantees a white Christmas. Two-and-a-half hours from Vancouver, Pemberton's the perfect place to chill after all the hubbub of Christmas, but it's also a great place to catch The Christmas Spirit for both local and visitors.
Christmas at Big Sky Returns
This year the Christmas at Big Sky returns as a free, one-day event designed to infuse Christmas cheer into all who attend. Held at picturesque Big Sky Golf and Country Club, this event combines old-fashioned family Christmas fun with a chance to experience Pemberton's spectacular scenery.
This year's event sees the return of the ever-popular horse-drawn sleigh rides. What says winter wonderland more than being bundled up against the weather and being pulled along on a horse-drawn sled a snow path against a spectacular mountain backdrop? Bundle up and prepare to be awe. Bring your camera and get the image for next year's Christmas card.
The Big Sky Community Christmas Festival also features a local artisans' market full of possible Christmas gifts as well as crafts from Orkidz, a kids' studio art centre located in Function Junction. As the creators offer their wares for sale, local musicians, choirs and soloists will be spreading joy with carols old and new.
Just the facts:
- Venue: Big Sky Golf & Country Club
- Date: Saturday, December 18, 2010
- Time: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Cost: Santa's Free
Where to Stay
Wherever visitors choose to stay, relaxation in is inevitable! And who couldn't use a little extra downtime around the holidays?
- At The Pemberton Valley Lodge guests can relax in the mountainside pool and hot tub before returning to their well-appointed suite.
- Pemberton's many B& Bs also offer a variety of excellent accommodation options. Some are on farmland, while others offer scenic locations featuring river or mountain views. Most features the kind of little luxuries that make a stay memorable.
- Visitors should also consider staying at The Hitching Post Motel - two floors of well-maintained, recently upgraded, modern suites well-suited for family travel.